Development, design and manufacture of reheating and heat treatment furnaces on the basis of the high temperature industrial fans (heat-proof fans) designed by OJSC VNIIMT
Grinding balls heat treatment furnace equipped with a high temperature centrifugal fans (heat-proof furnace fans) designed by OJSC "VNIIMT"
Reheating furnace equipped with high temperature industrial fans (heat-proof furnace fans) designed by OJSC "VNIIMT"
Intensification of heating process in thermal and reheating furnaces due to high speed gas atmosphere blowing along the processed materials in workspace, in order to improve furnace productivity and product quality.
Increasing thermal and reheating furnaces productivity and quality of products obtained, is currently largely limited by technical capabilities of existing industrial circulating furnace fans. The main problems hindering the efficient operation of such devices are:
· the lack of performance and drop pressure, generated by heat-proof fan;
· the lack of reliability and short lifetime heat-proof fans;
· inability to use centrifugal fans as reversing devices in furnaces with a periodic change in the direction of gas atmosphere moving without regulatory and closing valves.
Parameters of high temperature centrifugal fans (heat-proof furnace fans) designed by OJSC "VNIIMT" used in heat treatment and heating furnaces
up to 120000 m3/h
up to 6000 Pa at 20° C
Maximum temperature of the pumped gas atmosphere
Maximum temperature of the pumped gas atmosphere in heat-treatment furnaces with protective blanket (endothermic gas, hydrogen etc.)
Motor power depending on performance, temperature and pressure of the circulating fan
High temperature centrifugal fans (heat-proof circulating fans) for thermal and reheating furnaces designed by OJSC "VNIIMT" with operating temperature 400-950 ° C
The use of high temperature centrifugal (heat-proof circulating) fans designed by OJSC "VNIIMT" when engineering new convective heat transfer type furnaces and systems and upgrading existing ones.
The use of industrial heat-proof circulating fans designed by OJSC "VNIIMT" in convective furnaces results in:
· significant increase in quality of products due to a steady flow of heat transfer agent during the heat treatment process;
· increase in convective type furnaces performance by 15-20% due to intensification of heating or cooling processes;
· increase in fans lifetime by 30-50% due to the latest design of impellers and bearing assemblies used in heat-proof fans;
· reduce in power consumption by 5-8% due to high efficiency of the fan;
· lowering temperature gradient non-uniformity of long workpieces (eg, pipes) through the organization of a patented OJSC "VNIIMT" reverse gas flow system without using valves - reversible centrifugal fans.
OJSC "VNIIMT" make a wide range of the high-temperature (heat-resistant) impellers to replace existing analogues while maintaining the required aerodynamic characteristics.
High temperature (heat-proof) impellers of circulation fans designed by OJSC "VNIIMT" for reheating and thermal furnaces with operating temperatures of 400-600 ° C
OJSC «VNIIMT» develops manufactures and supplies nonstandard strengthened bearing units for high temperature centrifugal fans with built-in shaft air cooling system effectively prevented overheating of the bearings. Bearing units can be designed and manufactured as a replacement for worn units. The design takes into account of all connecting and mounting dimensions; this allows do not changes frame design, hub, coupling and heat-insulating flange of the high temperature centrifugal fan.
Customized bearing units, heat-proof impellers, frames of high temperature centrifugal fans for aluminum products homogenizing furnace
OJSC "VNIIMT" develops, manufactures and supplies high-temperature centrifugal fans and heat proof exhausters in gastight design to move various gaseous environments (air, endothermic gas, carbon dioxide) with the temperature up to 950 ° C. This force-draft equipment can also be used as remote circulatory fans for heat transfer type furnaces.
When the equipment is designed, our experts make gas dynamics, aerodynamic, strength and thermal calculations based on the finite element method with the help of modern computing devices.
Calculation results of temperature distribution along the length of furnace fan shaft and frame
Research institute of metallurgical heat engineering – OJSC "VNIIMT"
Studencheskaya St. 16, Yekaterinburg, 620137, Russia.
Head of Laboratory Vladimir Kalganov
Tel/Fax +7 343 383-75-69
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com