The high temperature fan is designed to move hot gas medium in circulation circuit of the furnace unit.
The main specifications of high temperature fan are the following:
• Fan capacity 70000 m3/h;
• Total pressure (at pumped gas density 0.346 kg/m3) 1000 Pa;
• Maximum temperature of pumped gas up to 750 C˚;
• Motor power 75 kW;
• Forced air shaft cooling system.
During the design, a comprehensive calculation of the fan design was carried out using the FEM method which included the following stages:
• Aerodynamic analysis of the fan flow path;
• Stress analysis of the high temperature impeller under operation condition (at max. RPM and max. pumped gas temperature) ;
• Impeller modal analysis;
• Buckling analysis of the impeller blades;
• Natural frequencies (modal analysis) analysis of the fan transmission in order to prevent possible resonance phenomena during its operation;
• The creep process analysis of impeller material at operating angular velocity and temperature;
• Transmission cooling analysis in order to prevent possible overheating of bearing assemblies at high temperature of pumped gas (overheating of the front bearing is no higher than 20-40 C˚ relative to the environment temperature / the transmission design uses the compound shaft technology);
• Determination of the maximum effective parameters of the fan shaft jet cooling system. (these technical solution made it possible to give up the bearing assemblies water cooling which was previously used on the fans of other manufacturers);
• Heat loss analysis through the heat-insulated fan volute.
To prevent vibrations and ensure long service life of the bearings and high temperature impeller a vibration test was performed on the fan.
The furnace productivity and the quality of products are ensured by the intensification of convective heat exchange due to the use of high-temperature circulating fans of a special design. The developed technology can be applied in aluminium industry furnaces (annealing furnaces, homogenization furnaces, heating furnaces etc.)
Research institute of metallurgical heat engineering – OJSC "VNIIMT"
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com